6.06.2012

Service Art Prints for Sale

When I was a youth, I was diagnosed with scoliosis. I went in for screenings and it was determined that the curvature of my spine was bad enough that I needed to wear a brace to deter my spine from getting any worse. We were referred to Scottish Rites Hospital for Children in Dallas, TX. There I was fitted for a brace that I was to wear 18+ hours a day. Just the thing a teenager wants to hear. The first time I put it on, I could hardly breathe and the tears started flowing. My mom hugged me and reassured me that I could do this. Over the next two year, I wore that brace with diligence, only removing to shower or swim. Eventually I didn't have to wear the brace anymore, and the curvature had actually improved. 

A little bit about Scottish Rites Hospital:
 "Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children is a world leader in the treatment of pediatric orthopedic conditions. We strive to improve the care of children worldwide through innovative research and teaching programs, training physicians from around the world.
"The hospital was established in 1921 when a group of Texas Masons approached Dallas’ first orthopedic surgeon Dr. W. B. Carrell about caring for children with polio regardless of the family’s ability to pay."

Find out more HERE.

Thus, they began a hospital where children in need of care could come without paying for treatment. I am so grateful for Scottish Rites and the service they provided me.

My mother recently sent me a link to this video: 


After watching it, the girls in my family decided that we wanted to be part of an ongoing service project doing the very same thing- making sock monkeys. We are hoping to donate our sock monkeys to Scottish Rites Hospital as a little way to give back and say thank-you.


Update (1/13/14): I have currently taken these down for purchase, as we have completed our sock monkey service project. If you would still like to purchase these prints, please send me an email kinzieskreations (at) hotmail (dot) com ! Thank-you for your support and interest!


Want to get in on the service?!

I normally don't charge for my prints posted on Kinzie's Kreations. However, I have created a line of service oriented prints to sell. 100% of profits will go straight to the purchase of supplies to create one-of-a-kind sock monkeys for the children at Scottish Rites. These art pieces will be sold as print files for you to print from home or at your favorite photo printer.  They are high resolution and are suitable for 8x10 and 11x14 prints. Make you selection on the left sidebar.




More will be added periodically!

Remember these prints are for personal use only. Please do not redistribute, sell, or use for profit.

1 comment:

Snort said...

Ok, I may be completely missing the obvious, but how can I buy these prints? I see nothing on the left side bar...

Amazon Affiliate