7.31.2013

Hospital Thank-You Cards

After going into preterm labor and experiencing the hospital from a different perspective, I really became aware of how grateful I was for good nurses. My main nurse was incredible. She allowed me to make decisions regarding me and my unborn baby's health, unlike the triage nurse who acted as if I didn't have options or a say when it came to what treatment and actions they needed to take. 
I had already planned on making thank-you gifts for the nurses who would take care of and assist me during and after labor, but this earlier experience really sealed the deal, and I got creating soon after getting released and coming home. I was on bed rest, but this was something I could work on from the comfort of my bed. It also helped take my mind off all the millions of other preparations I wasn't able to do, like set up a nursery. I convinced my husband, who was adamant about my resting, that I was well enough to go with him to pick out the items from the store. 

I really loved the thank-yous that Jess from Craftiness is not Optional made for her nurses, and put pretty much the same stuff in my thank-you bags. Here's what we included:
- Chocolate bar
- Chapstick
- Gum packet
- Pen
- Hand sanitizer

I also designed a little thank-you tag to tie around each bag.
I used the bottom color options since we were having a boy, and tied them on with some colorful fabric scraps. I created the tags in two colors, with and without a message attached. Lucky for you, I making all four options available for download, so that you too can say thank-you to those who don't get as much praise- the nurses, midwives, doulas, and even family and friends. They are the ones there with you more time than the highly paid doctors :) and I think they deserve some thanks!


To download click on the option you want to be redirected to the download page.





**As with all my free printables, these are for personal, non-profit use only! Thanks**

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

these are super cute! how many did you make? (how many nurses did you have?)

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the free printable! These are perfect for our new baby girl! Love free printables! Much appreciated! - Susan

Chris said...

I am unable to download the printable :(

Where did you get the cellophane bags and what size are they? I am new to crafting and this is going to be one of my first projects :)

Anonymous said...

SO GREAT! Thank you for the awesome idea to show our gratitude and give me a project while nesting! :)

Anonymous said...

I found this six years too late! I was in the hospital for 7wks before my mono-mono twins were born at 32 weeks (and 1 week after). I wish I would have thought to make special little thank you gifts (I did write my sentiments, though). I might have to work on this to send to the nurses when my twins turn 7!

Anonymous said...

these are the cutest! Thank you so much for the printable :) The nurses will love it!!!

AMileOfMe said...

I just use your printable and made some bags for our nurses! You are fantastic for sharing this! Thank you :)

Amazon Affiliate